Monday, August 2, 2010

Oil Spill


At school I learned about the Oil Spill in the Gulf. President Obama calls it "the worst natural disaster in our nation's history." I feel bad about how the oil spill is hurting the animals and the environment. I was sad to see pictures of sea turtles covered in oil. There are 5 species of sea turtles in the Gulf and affected by the spill.


I love sea turtles. We need to protect them. Here is a cool fact sheet about a the species of sea turtles and how they are endangered. Print it out!




Do you love sea turtles too? Are any of your favorite animals affected by the Oil Spill in the Gulf?

2 comments:

  1. Grandpa and I saw two just hatched sea turtles on the beach in Mexico. A man helped them get safely to the sea. Love you, CA Grandma

    ReplyDelete